Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tea & Tunes Tuesday: Raspberry Leaf Tea




Raspberry Leaf tea, in my opinion, is one of the best herbal drinks you can consume! (Although herbals are not technically true teas, we are going to call it a tea for the purpose of this review.) 


Raspberry Leaf Tea tastes very similar to a slightly black tea, with a slightly fruity undertone. Because it is an herbal tea, this one contains no caffein, so this is a great tea to switch to if you want to cut back on caffeine. It contains Magnesium (helps with cramping and spasms), potassium, iron (helps with anemia), vitamins B & C. 


Personally, I love this as a replacement for Midol since it alleviates symptoms of PMS and cramping very effectively. When I was younger, I actually had a prescription that was stronger than Midol, to help alleviate some of my problems with PCOS. Since switching to more holistic things, I have no need for it, and find that the tea for me works wonders, so I prefer it as a natural alternative as it is not only delicious, but also safer than taking a pill. A lot of women also use this tea during their pregnancies since it can help prepare your body for a safer, easier delivery. Please though, consult with your midwife or doctor first though, and research for yourself. 


Athletes use raspberry leaf tea to soothe muscle cramps and inflammation. This would also be good if you have any kind of inflammatory problems with your body. This one is also great at treating mouth ulcers, and light dental pain. The high vitamin C in it helps people heal from colds more quickly, and can also be used as a base for homemade "Gator-aids".  If you use it as a paste, the tannins in it can help alleviate sunburns and soothe eczema. Raspberry leaf tea can also help with GI upsets and nausea as well. This is definitely a great blend to use for a multitude of things, and the taste is excellent! This is one blend I always like to keep around in my tea cabinet, because it is so useful.  I highly recommend Raspberry Leaf for both women and men, since the benefits are so wonderful.


 (This particular one pictured is by Traditional Medicionals. I purchased it at a Target, but have seen it in quite a number of other stores as well. If you can find it in whole leaf form, even better!)


-----------------------


For music this week, I have been loving Amos Lee's songs, "Black River", "Chill in the Air", and "Arms of a Woman". Although I love ALL of his music. His voice is so soulful and soothing to listen to. I love the heart behind his music and how you can feel the intensity and honesty in his voice. Definitely check him out!



No comments:

Post a Comment