Sunday, July 13, 2014

Skillet Sunday: Gluten Free Pasta Bake

This pasta is delicious! It is a quiona blend and doesn't taste like the typical cardboard-gluten free ones I've tried in the past. It tastes delicious, and had a rich flavor, and holds it's shape without becoming mush. 

(Finished product, with the pasta I used.)
These breadcrumbs are amazing! Highly recommend them! 

For Skillet Sunday, I thought I'd shade a simple pasta bake recipe. This one is gluten free, but you can use whatever you have in your pantry. This dish is so delicious that you won't even realize it's gluten free! Back last Fall, my doctors thought I had Celiac Disease, so for several months I made all of my food, entirely gluten free. They've since done some tests to rule out Celiac Disease, so I'm no longer gluten free. This was just my attempt to use up some yummy groceries we already had in our pantry. It was delicious!

Ingredients:
-Box of pasta (any kind you prefer, cooked al dente)
-1/2 cup of 2% milk (I use lactose free)
-1 package of shredded mozzarella, 
-1 cup asiago and Romano cheese 
-dill, basil, parsley, basil to taste
-sea salt, black peppercorn, chili powder to taste
-1 TBSP Lousiana hot sauce 
-2 TBSP natural butter, 
-1 large, free range egg
-1cup panco, Italian breadcrumbs 

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
m
Mix together ingredients, and combine with cooked pasta in large mixing dish (hold breadcrumbs). 

Pour mixture into Pyrex dish, and top with breadcrumbs, feeling free to season the top of the breadcrumbs as you like. 

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then, broil at 500 degrees for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit five minutes before serving. 

Enjoy! 

A close up of the deliciousness!



(This dish refrigerates and reheats well).

-Just a side note, if you do have Celiac Disease and need this dish to be entirely gluten free, also make sure any cheese or condiments you use are as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment