Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday Musings: Pericles, History, Politics

This was supposed to be posted under, "Thursday Thoughts" but after a look at my recent posts, I realized I had it saved as a draft instead of publishing it. So, here is what I wanted to share with you today. I hope it challenges you to research, from various sources, and learn more about the things going on in our world today. 



So thought provoking, and accurate. Pericles knew well, even in his time how true this statement was. Centuries later, it is still highly applicable. When we stop caring and turn a blind eye to the things happening around us; when we allow people in our government to commit crimes in our name without questioning them...we are just as guilty as they are. Often times the people who become complacent and don't take a a stand against corruption, become the very ones who are affected the most by it. Always question, always research. It is ok to change your mind on topics the more you mature and grow. I certainly have changed my mind on so many things, even over the past few years alone. Your entire life is a learning process. I think the best place to start would be to learn from what's already occurred in our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment