Friday, March 15, 2013

Review: Korres Lip Butters!

If you've yet to try out the Korres lip butters, let me just encourage you...you need them in your life! Yup, they are a lip necessity! I got mine on sale back when Sephora had their VIB sale and they offered 20% off of your entire purchase. They typically retail for around $12 each from Sephora but if you can find them in the value kits during sales, that is the most affordable way to purchase them. Since they last for quite a long time, I feel that they are a worthwhile investment, especially if you have problems with dry or flaky lips. 

I use the Jasmine one every single night after I exfoliate my lips (I use Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub to exfoliate with). The Jasmine lip butter keeps my lips super soft and hydrated! Jasmine has a bit of a white tinge to it, so I like to apply one sheer coat, let that absorb, and then apply another thin coat. This keeps you from developing that dreaded white cast to your lips. During the daytime, I like to use the Pomegranate or Wild Rose shades to moisturize with and add a nice pop of color to my lips! Since they are colored, they do not leave any sort of grey/white cast to your lips like the Jasmine lip butter can do when it is over-applied. I feel that the Korres lip butters are THE most hydrating out of all the lip butters I've tested out (and I've tried a lot!). These are my go-to, holy-grail lip items!

The only thing that could possibly improve the lip butters in my book would be if Korres added a bit of vanilla ,honey, or fruit flavoring to them, as I prefer my lip butters to be flavored. If you're not they type to enjoy flavored lip products however, then this is the PERFECT option for you! 

Check out my video below for a quick review as well as swatches!



No comments:

Post a Comment